PERMACULTURE DESIGN COURSE COMMUNITY & RE_GENERATION
PERMACULTURE DESIGN COURSE
COMMUNITY & RE_GENERATION
72h PDC CERTIFICATE with international validity + Water management, Regenerative Agriculture and Agroforestry
December 23rd, 2021 – January 7th, 2022
Koinonia Community – Lusaka, Zambia – Africa
offered by Regen Habitat in collaboration with XFARM Agricoltura prossima and Amani.
In the 40 hectares of land context of the Koinonia living and welcoming Community in Zambia, 16 days of theoretical and practical activities will take place for the introduction to Permaculture, with in-depth modules on: Regenerative Agriculture, Water Management and Agroforestry.
A unique experience of life and work within an African Community founded in 1982 and which has always been committed to offering social opportunities, training and formation to young Africans.
The Permaculture Design Course is a certified 72-hour training experience. The course introduces the core of Permaculture Design as set by Bill Mollison, co-founder of the movement, and author of Permaculture. A designer’s manual.
The aim of the course is to provide interdisciplinary and holistic tools for designing for human settlements such as: agriculture, water harvesting and management, energy, natural building methods, agroforestry systems, waste management, animal systems, appropriate technologies, economic management and community development.
Participants who will have followed the entire course will receive an internationally recognized Permaculture Design Certificate, which gives access to the Permaculture Diploma Process.
- Permaculture, definitions ethics principles concepts and methods
- Patterns and how to tune into them
- Climates and landscape profiles
- Water in the landscape
- The role of vegetation
- Placement and construction of infrastructure
- Soils and regenerative earthworks
- Social permaculture and bioregionalism
- Community living and project management
Daily timetable: 8.30 to 18.30 (6hrs with breaks) / No previous experience required /Certification with international validity / Openness, curiosity and commitment required.
COSTS AND CONTRIBUTIONS
- PDC € 450 per participant
- FOOD and ACCOMMODATION: € 250 per participant:
- Overnight stay in the Community Guest House, fully equipped with hostel-style beds, hot water showers and kitchen;
- Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) will be self-managed by the participants with a common fund of € 10 per day (already included in the € 250).
HOW TO GET TO KOINONIA ZAMBIA
- FLIGHT TICKET to Lusaka, Zambia at participant cost;
- Transfer Kenneth Kaunda Airport to Community premises, offered by Koinonia Team;
- HEALTH INFO: No mandatory vaccinations or prophylaxis.
- TOURISM VISA available at https://eservices.zambiaimmigration.gov.zm/#/home
- More info at: https://www.zambiaimmigration.gov.zm/
THE PLACE: KOINONIA COMMUNITY ZAMBIA
Born in 1982, Koinonia Community is a Charitable Trust registered in Zambia. It was started by some young people gathered around Fr. Renato Kizito Sesana, and is part of a network of Koinonia Communities in Kenya and Sudan.
A secular organization that promotes integral human development and community life; with a holistic approach it promotes a culture of peace and solidarity and it responds to the needs of children and youths in difficult situations, assisting them to grow into responsible and reliable citizens.
Mthunzi Centre NGO, started by Koinonia in the year 2000, is a residence and home for about 50 former street children and youths. Here they are given guidance from loving and professionally trained adults, and provided with meals, counselling, school and medical care. Those who have completed the primary cycle (grade 7) attend the nearby St. Columba’s Secondary School, managed by the Teresian Sisters, a local religious congregation.